This is a research blog so I ought to include a summary of some of the topics in Newfoundland’s brewing history I am looking for information about or in the process of researching.
- The strike of 1986, where the local breweries were shut down for several months causing the import of numerous low-end American brands (Old Milwaukee, Pabst Blue Ribbon)
- Dominion Ale / Bennett Brewing’s Newfoundland Songbook
- Other breweries and microbrews. In particular the brewing done at the Duke of Duckworth and the reports of Brewing at Fog City in the Avalon Mall
- Bison Brewing in Stephenville
- The homebrew culture in Newfoundland, particularly the story of the homebrew supply shop Brewery Lane
- Newfoundland Prohibition
- Details on the takeovers by Molson, Carling, and Labatt
- More general detail on the key historical breweries (who worked their, etc.)
Any topics you think I’ve missed? Have any information about these topics? Let me know!